Welcome to our African Adventures
Map of Zambia
The Early Days
The Field Trip:
- Oct. 4. Travel to Mpika (mostly
north and a little easting from Lusaka). The road doesn't reach
Mpika. We will drive the bus until we have to stop and then walk.
Allegedly the accommodations include a grass hut.
- Oct. 5. We meet with Tribal
Council Secretary and District Administrators. Then we meet Chief
Chikwanda. Each community we are analyzing consists of all the
landscape ruled by a chief. This is a lot of land. Then we meet
at Kaole and Kaombe.
- Oct. 6. Travel to Kopa's area
and meet with Chief Kopa. Also meetings at Mono and Munikashi
- Oct 7. Travel ALL DAY to Mufulira.
This is on the other side of the part of Zaire that pokes into
- Oct 8. Meet with three communities
called Mupena, 21 miles, and 14 miles The latter two must think
they are Erie County creeks.
- Oct.9. Meet with more council
secretaries and with the communities of Kansunswa and Kawama.
- Oct 10. Return to Lusaka.
Mid term stakeholders meetings of the
Environmental Support Programme
The Usual Suspects (pictures
of the World Bank Mission team)