All Rules of Thumb products require a valid license to use. The sole exception to this rule is for products clearly listed as "free" on the downloads page. Downloading of software from this site does not imply an agreement from us to license the software to you.
NetWeaver products are licensed by the seat or by the site. Site licensing is available for all of our products. Please contact us to negotiate a site licensing scheme that is suitable for your needs.
We collect information about you when you:
- Register as a site user: Some of our downloads require that you be logged in as a registered user. When you download any of these files we are notified by email.
- License Software: When you license our software we record your license registration activity (seat registration and un-registration) to manage your license.
Information sent to Rules of Thumb from NetWeaver Developer and GeoNetWeaver:
- Software Licensing: Username, Organization, Computer ID, License Code. This information is only sent during the registration process.
- Checking for updates: Username, Organization, Computer ID, License Code, current version. This information is sent whenever the software checks for new versions. This feature can be turned off in the preferences.
- Bug Reporting: License info, machine info (OS version, memory capacity, etc.), bug information (call stack, exception type & description, etc.), screen shot at time of exception. This information is sent when a bug report is sent. Bug reports are sent only for major software malfunctions and is used solely to help us refine the software. Automatic bug reporting can be turned off in the preferences.
No information about you collected at this site is shared with any third parties with the following three exceptions:
- Sales by third parties: If you purchase NetWeaver through a third party we will share your license registration information with them.
- NetWeaver cross-licensing obligations: We are required to notify Penn State University of all NetWeaver software licenses we issue. We limit this transfer of information to the organization name and its location.
- Abuse: If you abuse our web site we will do our best to track you down and make you suffer for your actions.
All web-based financial transactions with Rules of Thumb are conducted through PayPal via secure socket layers connections (SSL) using strong encryption. Rules of Thumb never sees or records any of your personal financial information such as your credit card number. Only PayPal sees this information.